The Higher School of Economics in Czech Republic
Today the University of Economics (or the Higher School of Economics) is the undisputed leader among economic schools of the Czech Republic. Founded in September 1953, the university has developed so rapidly that today more than 16 thousand students are studying there, and about 7 percent of the are foreigners. Many faculty members also teach in American and European universities such as the Sorbonne.
The pride of the University is also his membership in the prestigious Union of European Management Schools (CEMS). It is worth noting that the Union takes just one university from the country.
The University of Economics paid special attention to the development of international cooperation. Today, there are more than 100 partner universities, including Cambridge and Harvard, the Sorbonne, Stanford, universities of New York, Pittsburgh, Boston and others. It has close cooperation with a number of large Czech and international organizations and enterprises.
The structure of the University of Economics has 6 faculties, 50 departments, where students learn the 79 educational programs. Training takes place in Czech or English.
Advantages of studying at the university:
1. The main buildings are located in the picturesque center of Prague;
2. Except teachers there are also managers of large companies who conduct workshops;
3. Thanks to the ECTS grading system you can be switched to any partner university in Europe or America;
4. Modern scientific and technological base;
5. Graduates: several ministers of the Czech government, the head of the Czech central bank, and former Czech President Vaclav Klaus, before leaving politics, was a professor of the university;
6. An opportunity to make the curriculum by yourself.
Fees and dates
The amount of payment for the consideration of the application:
Electronic application – 500 kron (19 euros)
Written – 590 kron (22 euros)
During the examination in the Czech language every foreigner has to pay 400 kron (15 euros).
Education in Czech is free
Studying in English: 1800 EUR / year
Application deadline: the end of February
Entrance examinations: June
Accommodation. Majority of students live in dormitories (if there are available places). The average price for a room in a dormitory is 200 euros per month.
About the author: Amelia Iron is a writer of articles, admirer of Eastern cuisine and classic music. She likes hiking and needlework. Amelia works in mass medias.